Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day

For Memorial Day we enjoyed a Little America buffet breakfast with James' dad (Arliss was sick), Greg and Tiff, and Beav and his girlfriend. Then we went to the Salt Lake Cemetary to visit the graves of some of James' ancestors. It was my first time actually visiting a cemetary on Memorial Day since I don't have any relatives buried in Utah. We had a great time finding some of James' ancestors like George Q. Cannon and John R. Winder. We also visited President Hinckley's grave and several of the other prophets.

Hannah also liked the historic gravesites. And she's sitting on her own...
...at least for a couple minutes at a time!
All of us at the Winder plot
Hannah discovering the stone on her own (don't worry, I am hiding right behind her!)
And a couple other cute pictures. Hannah loves her sunglasses. Her eyes get real big when we put them on her, and she never tries to pull them off!
A picture of Hannah with Mommy (which doesn't happen much since I am usually taking the pictures!)

4 comments:

TravandNat said...

I love Little America's buffet! It's so yummy!

Hannah is darling! I can't believe she's sitting up, and getting so big. She's beautiful!

I love the picture of you two together..so precious!

Sarah said...

I have to admit Hannah has one pretty contagious smile!

Chelsea said...

She is getting so big- I love the pic of her in the sunglasses- Such a beautiful smile that girl has!! What a fun way to spend Memorial Day (I had to spend mine at work...boo)

Lisa said...

Chris is also a decendent of George Q Cannon! So in a weird way, we are related!