Tuesday, February 17, 2009

5 Years!

Friday, February 13th was our five-year wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been five years, but at the same time, I can hardly remember life without James. We had a nice night--James took me to a sushi restaurant (which I loved!) while his parents watched Hannah for us. I love him more than ever--it's been a great five years!

Here's a quick look back at our time together:

Dating:

First met (briefly): The Pig Pickin' James and some friends put together in our BYU ward.

First real conversation: Ward prayer, August 31, 2003.

First date: September 27, 2003 to BYU's Homecoming Spectacular.

First kiss: November 8, 2003 in the quad between our buildings at the Riviera (he had hoped to kiss me in front of Chad Grant's awesome boat car, but it didn't work out!).

Broke up: September 2003.

Back together: November 5, 2003.

Engaged: November 26, 2003. James proposed at the Visitor's Center on Temple Square. We had watched Luke 2 in a private theater and then a movie started, which showed pictures of us, set to music. When it finished, he got down on his knee and proposed. I loved it! Here's our engagement picture:

Married: Friday, February 13, 2004 (it was a lucky Friday the 13th!) in the Salt Lake Temple. We had a wedding dinner the night before at the Lion House and our reception was held on our wedding night at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was the perfect day!

Some other fun facts and milestones:

Homes: 355 Apartments in Provo (Feb '04 to Aug '04); Peachtree Apartments in North Salt Lake (Aug '04 to Apr '07); our house in Centerville (Apr '07 to present).

Schooling: James graduated from BYU (BS in business management) in July 2004; I graduated from BYU (BS in Nursing) in December 2005; I am currently in the Pediatric Acute and Chronic Care Nurse Practitioner program at Duke University; James will begin his MBA at Duke in the fall.

Vacations: St. George, Utah (honeymoon, Feb '04); Nauvoo/Church history trip (Summer '04); Disneyland (Summer '04); England and France (Summer '05); Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Summer '06); Israel (Summer '07); Boston, New York, and Philadelphia (Summer '08); Utah temples (we've been to all but Monticello--the drive was too long to make while I was pregnant!); and tons of family reunions and little trips around Utah.

Favorite things to do: Date nights (and trying great new restaurants); traveling; being with family and friends; watching/going to movies; going on drives; talking.

And our new favorite thing: being with Hannah!Thanks, Bud, for a great five years! I love you!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

5 years wow!! I loved the timeline, i remember it all so well and glad I could witness the magic first hand. I really wish your first kiss could have been in front of Chad's "car". You guys are the best!! p.s. can we get together sometime and play games or something, i miss you and Blake needs a girlfriend

TravandNat said...

What an awesome 5 years! You have a great memory! I should have written those type of things down because I forgot most of them! I wish you many more happy years together!

PS..You were sure a beautiful bride! And Hannah is darling!!

Paul and Rachel said...

Congrats!! What a fun post to read. I still remember so well the night he first kissed you and your little glow that you had. I love reading it. You guys are the best!!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Congrats! Wow, five years goes so fast! Looks like you guys have had an awesome five, I know we have. Hannah is as cute as ever! Can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks. I wonder how much she's grown...