Monday, February 2, 2009

Hannah's Blessing

Yesterday was Hannah's blessing and her first time attending our ward in Centerville. It was such a wonderful day! James gave Hannah a very beautiful blessing. I am so grateful to have a husband that righteously bears the priesthood and is worthy to give our daughter blessings. We were also grateful to have our families there to support us. Hannah looked gorgeous, and she was an angel all through Sacrament meeting. I have been looking forward to this day for so long, and I am so thankful to have my little daughter who has been born in the covenant and will be brought up in the Church. What a blessing!
James thought it was fitting that Hannah's special day be celebrated with a Cheesefest! Even though she didn't directly get to partake of any of the cheeses, I know she appreciated the variety of exotic cheeses we all enjoyed. James' personal favorite, like always, was the bleu cheese.
After I got Hannah out of her dress, she really hammed it up for a captive audience in her adorable tutu (compliments of Aunt Tiffany!).
But then she got hungry. Greg was totally willing to help, but for some reason Hannah wasn't satisfied!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a beautiful little princess.. I love the dress. And Greg trying to feed Hannah sure is a disturbing site!! What a great day for you guys!! p.s. you look great melis

Carrie said...

So nice of Greg to offer to help :) ---Hannah is so pretty! And her dress is gorgeous! What a sweet family you have :)

TravandNat said...

What a fun day..and a cute family! Hannah looks gorgeous in her dress! I'm glad that it was a great day!

Melanie said...

What a special day. Wish we could have been there. We can hardly wait to meet Hannah in a couple of months.

Tiffany said...

She is soooooo cute! And especially in that pink tutu!! That was a great day!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

She is so pretty melissa! I loved her blessing dress, it was beautiful. The tutu was so cute too, I have been wanting to make on of those for Ainsley. Wish we could have been there for the special day! congrats

The Wolf Family said...

yay!! We're so happy for you guys! She is BEAUTIFUL and you guys I can tell are amazing parents! Hope all is going well! Congrats Hannah! :)

Lisa said...

I love your husbands love for cheese. It is the best food ever.

And Hannah is as gorgeous as ever! I love her dress!