Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Very Grumpy Girl

Yesterday Hannah had her two-month doctor visit and got her immunizations. She had to drink the rotavirus vaccine and then received three shots. She didn't start to cry, she screamed! She yelled so loud that James and I couldn't help but laugh.
She was pretty mad at us right after the shots, but we thought it'd wear off--we were so wrong! For the rest of the day, Hannah was the grumpiest girl I've ever met! We think her legs were a little sore (added to the fact that she was being a bit of a drama queen!). Basically, this is what she looked like all day:
The only thing we found that made her happy was putting her in the jumperoo (which we broke out the other day, thinking she might still be too young for it, but she LOVES it!).

So, needless to say, immunization day was very traumatic. Hopefully it's a little better next time! I think if I hadn't spent all of last week researching the benefits of universal childhood vaccine coverage for my epidemiology class, even I might be tempted to spare Hannah the pain of a couple shots!

5 comments:

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

I totally know how you feel! Ainsley is usually fussy after her shots too. But she also naps great which I really love. We have her nine month appointment tomorrow...no shots but she still has to get her blood drawn so it's pretty much the same thing. Fun, fun. She is a cutie!

TravandNat said...

Shots are no fun! I usually give Addi a little Tylenol just before we go to the dr. It seems to help a bit.

I LOVE Addi's jumperoo! It's the best babysitter. She's a little less entertained by it now, but she still sits in it for awhile.

Hannah is darling. Even when she's grumpy!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

I hate putting them throught the torture too. At least you and James could laugh through it!! We got your card in the mail. We miss you guys so much!

Lisa said...

Look at her... she loves that thing!

I miss you at work :(

Lindsey said...

even with her angry face she's still freaking cute!!