We've had a lot of fun celebrating Christmas this year, especially with our little Hannah (who was our best Christmas present!). We love spending time with our families and continuing our favorite Winder and McNutt family traditions. Here are a few snapshots of our holiday festivities:
Hannah saw her first BYU football game--the Las Vegas Bowl (which was a huge disappointment!). It had nothing to do with Christmas, but it is very important to us that Hannah become a huge BYU fan!

We always love Grandma and Grandpa Winder's Christmas party on December 23rd. There is a great family talent show (unfortunately, none of the John Winder family participated, which also means that all of the talents performed were actually real talents!), a Christmas story read by Grandma, and Grandma's assortment of treats and famous slush! Hannah was able to meet some of her second cousins for the first time. Here she is sleeping through her introduction to Ainsley, Beth and Tom's cute daughter:

Hannah with Grandma Winder

On Christmas Eve, we enjoyed our time with James' other side of the family at Grandma and Grandpa Handy's Christmas party. We had a great ham dinner, read Luke 2 and The Night Before Christmas, and opened tons of gifts. Hannah got a doll from Grandma Handy:

Then we stopped by my parents' house to see Bob and Linda for a while.

Christmas morning, we spent some time as a family as we saw what Santa brought.
Hannah checked out all the gifts (Santa gifts are wrapped in white tissue paper)...

...and then gave us a little smile!

Hannah with her new stocking

We like to think she really loves the activity mat we got her (James might enjoy it more at this point, though!)

Unfortunately, Hannah and I had to miss the amazing Christmas egg breakfast that James' mom makes every year because of a bad stomach bug that has made its way around the family. But we got to spend a little extra time with the McNutts and then went to Grandma and Grandpa Winder's for an amazing Christmas dinner.
My mom made Hannah another awesome quilt for Christmas

Hannah looked gorgeous in her Christmas dress!

As you can see, Hannah really stole the show this Christmas, and we loved every minute of it! We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you a happy new year!
8 comments:
She's beautiful! What a great Christmas present! Christmas is so much better with little ones around! I'm glad you had a great holiday!
Melis - She is SO beautiful. I can hardly stand it! I want to meet her so much. Sounds like Christmas was absolutely amazing! I am so happy for you. Oh, and, if I hadn't seen you prego with my own eyes, I would never have believe that she was inside your belly - you are so teeny again so quickly. Can we trade genes? :)
Such cute pictures!!! I'm sorry I didn't see you on Christmas day, we decided to stay longer at the butler's. I want to see you again soon. I will call you! Hannah is so so so adorable!
Merry Christmas! Your daughter is gorgeous, and I love the dress! Sounds like you had a great holiday.
Melissa, Hannah is so darling!! I love her Christmas dress :) I'm glad you had a good holiday!
Oh Melissa, she is DARLING!! I just barely went through your blog since Hannah was born and I loved every minute of it. There is something magical about having a newborn at Christmas. Wow. You and James are going to have so much fun with your sweet girl. I can tell you already love it so much! I loved the pic of you, Hannah, Beth and Ainsley. Oh and I absolutely love the name Hannah Marie.
Hey Melissa! Hannah is GORGEOUS! I am glad you are doing well and had a good Christmas!
Melissa, she is so so pretty! Congrats, I am so happy for the two of you. Remember when Tiff dreamed you were pregnant and then you were. Tiff is powerful. And thanks so much for the Christmas card, I loved it! Hope you and James are doing well. You are so great.
Post a Comment