Friday, December 12, 2008

Hannah is Here!

We are so excited to announce that Hannah Marie Winder arrived on Monday, December 8, 2008 at 3:30 pm! She weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and was 22 inches long (much bigger than we or my doctor anticipated!).

I woke up in labor at 2:00 am, woke James up at 4:45 when the contractions were harder, and then we timed the contractions until we thought we wouldn't be sent home from the hospital. We arrived at the Intermountain Medical Center at 7:30, were admitted, and I received an epidural shortly thereafter (which was a lifesaver!). I dilated quickly but my water never broke on my own, so my doctor broke it about 12:00 when I had received two doses of antibiotics that I needed. At 2:45, I started pushing, which was a lot of work, but thanks to the epidural it wasn't painful (and James was a huge help as well!). Hannah was born at 3:30, and James cut her cord as I held her for the first time. The whole experience was incredible!
Here is our gorgeous newborn:
She was awake and taking everything in (not even crying!) for about 3 1/2 hours. We just couldn't get enough of her--I think it is the happiest I have ever felt! I have absolutely loved being a mom from the very first second!

We spent two days in the hospital, and here are some of the fun pictures of Hannah's first few days:
With Grandma and Grandpa Winder
With Grandma and Grandpa McNutt
Our little family!
James gave Hannah her first bath--she LOVED it!
Dressed up for birth announcement photos
James introducing her to cheese (he didn't let her have any!)
Wearing her BYU socks (she's learning early!)
We headed home at about noon on Wednesday, December 10th
So we have lots of fun pictures of Hannah's homecoming and the last two wonderful days that we've spent with her, but that's all the time I have for now (and this is long enough already!). I'll post more soon.

12 comments:

Carrie said...

AAAAHHHH!!!! I've been waiting for this post! I've been wondering if you had your baby.... sweet sweet Hannah! And only a day early :) She is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy for you!!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Yea! We are so excited for you guys!! I got all teary looking at your cute pictures. Little Hannah has been a long time coming.
We can't wait to meet her. We are moving back to Denver next week, so maybe we can hop over sometime and play with you guys!!
Love you- all three of you!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

She is so adorable. I have been checking your blog every few hours since I heard she was born. I couldn't wait to see her. I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet her! Congrats, she is beautiful!

Knight Bliss said...

Oh she is so beautiful. I have been waiting to see when she arrived. She is so cute and you look amazing. Cute daddy daughter photos too. I can't wait to see more photos. I am so very happy for you, it is always worth the wait especially when you don't know how long you are going to have to wait. Congrats!

CHAR said...

Congratulations Melissa!! She is so cute! I love all the pictures.

TravandNat said...

YEAH! I'm so glad that she is here. What a sweet, happy little family. Hannah is beautiful! You and James will be wonderful parents!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! I'm so glad you had a good experience with everything and that you are all healthy and well. Can't wait to come and meet Hannah! Call if you need anything and let me know when I can bring lunch! :)

Me said...

melis! she is beautiful. seriously, she is so cute. i am dying. i love your cute family!!!!

Erickson said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see more pictures.

Chelsea said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you guys and that little Hannah is finally here. SHe is just precious, I can't wait to meet her. I want to come by your place sometime soon to see you guys. p.s. your pics may have made me a little teary eyed, i'm just so happy for you!

Ann-Marie said...

Congratulations!!!! She is adorable!

Jessica Whittaker said...

I love the pictures! She is so cute. I am glad you both are doing well. Congrats!