I finished midterms last Thursday, Hannah has learned to stand on her own, I've made friends with a crazy statistician who is analyzing my research results, and James is busier than ever with finals next week and daily recruiting events. So, needless to say, it was time to celebrate! Unfortunately, the rain ruined our exciting plans to go camping in central NC with some friends. But I was so determined to make it to the Autumn Leaves Festival in Mount Airy, NC, that I think the sky cleared just for me! We had a few hours and a little bit of nice weather, so we loaded up and headed to the festival. The drive was beautiful! The leaves are just starting to change--yellows and reds were dotting the side of the road the whole way! And Mount Airy is adorable; it is the hometown of Andy Griffith and the inspiration for Mayberry in the Andy Griffith Show. The festival was packed with people, smelled like kettle corn, and was set to the music of a live bluegrass band. Hannah had a blast--she was dancing the entire time! The drive home was perfect as well (so much fun that we're going on a picnic in a week with a friend from central NC when the leaves are at their peak change!).
The bluegrass band (take note of the awesome people dancing in the middle--I promise they're dancing, not just hunching over!)

Hannah dancing to the music

And being silly


I love that we live in a place where you drive out of town and find yourself surrounded by people that can just walk up to these instruments (which includes a string tied to a bucket!) and play an incredible song (which sounded a lot like "Praise to the Man"!). The best part is that the man walked out of the crowd and was wearing those overalls.

I love North Carolina!
7 comments:
How is it possible?! Hannah just gets cuter and cuter with every post! That festival sounds awesome! We miss the Autumn colors out there. Denver just doesn't have the same vibrant colors of leaves.
Love you guys!
Awesome! That looks like tons of fun! Hannah is the cutest, and getting bigger and bigger. I can't believe that she's a bully at day care. It kind-of makes me laugh though! What a funny little one!
Looks like fun! I'm glad to see you had some time to squeeze in some fun. Miss you!
Melissa -- Hannah is he cutest toddler I've ever seen! She is already standing on her own! Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see you and her on the 31st. I'm glad that you are having so much fun in between all the busy schedule stuff. I miss you so much MOM
Hannah is darling. I miss you guys. When are you coming back for a visit? I am glad school is going well.
Found your blog! Love all the pictures of Hannah, shes just so cute.
www.thespiers.blogspot.com
SHE IS SO CUTE!!
Post a Comment