First of all, I want to thank the Winders for taking us in! We've really enjoyed the two and a half months that we've lived with them, and Hannah has loved spending so much time with Grandma and Grandpa. And I realized the other day the awesome room that Hannah has been sleeping in (it once belonged to Beav--James' youngest brother). Here is Hannah's space on the shelf...
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Goodbye, Utah
I apologize in advance that this post will be long! Well, yesterday we loaded up our moving van, and it's on its way to North Carolina, hopefully to bring everything in one piece! And tomorrow James, Hannah, and I will pack into the car for a four-day trip across the country (thanks, Mom and Dad, for driving our other car!). In saying our goodbyes, I just wanted to post all the fun things we've done in the past month to make the most of our last days in Utah. ...which sits right below Beav's memorabilia!
And her crib, where she has sweet dreams...
...directly beneath this Manchester United flag (if she's a huge soccer fan, we'll know why!).
Getting back to the things we've done. James and I had been to every temple in Utah except for Monticello and the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple, so we had to finish up our temple tour! We drove to Monticello for a quick weekend with my parents and stopped by Arches Nat'l Park on the way home.
Hannah with Grandma and Grandpa (do you recognize him without a mustache!) at Arches.
Our final temple: touring Oquirrh Mountain at the open house (someday we'll make it even more official and do a session there).
Before Jordan left, we went on a picnic and walk around Silver Lake (you can't leave Utah without enjoying the mountains one last time!). And Hannah met her first ground squirrel!
We enjoyed spending the Fourth of July with the whole Winder family at a BBQ in James' parents' backyard. Hannah loved the fireworks so much--she was totally riveted to them and would try to imitate the sound they made with her own high-pitched squeal! And remember that this is Hannah's excited face!
Hannah also became better friends with her giant second cousin Owen (who is only five months older than her!).
On July 5th, Beaver did this to Hannah, and the girl that hates to cuddle actually crawled away from him as a result! She'd being trying to crawl for about a month and a half, but this made it official. Now she's crawling all over the place!
Hannah, Grandma, and I visited Wheeler Farm a couple days ago, and Hannah really enjoyed it (we think!). She was totally intrigued watching the cows...
...but her favorite thing was petting the horses!
We've also spent a lot of time visiting family and friends that we won't get to see for a while. We'll miss all of you so much!



We've had a blast, but now we're packed up and ready to go!
We will miss Utah, and especially being so close to such wonderful friends and family, but we are so excited for our new adventure! North Carolina, here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
There are so many GREAT things to do in North Carolina..you guys are just going to love it! I am so excited for you, and look forward to hearing all about your adventures in the ol' hood :) Good luck with the move and tell all those Cameron Crazies we say hellooooooo!!!
So fun to talk to you guys today. Enjoy the drive...and we can't wait to talk to you once you are there and settled in! Maybe there will be a visit from us in the near future! :)
Sad, your last week in utah! Looks like you had a fun last few weeks! I didn't recognize your dad without his mustache!!!! Well, I hope your stuff makes it safely. Ours did, we only had one broken thing. The door on the cabinet that goes over the toilet. Unfortunately, everything was covered in dust when we got here though. Have a safe trip driving!!!
Miss you already! :) Good luck with the cross country trek!
Good luck! Your new adventure sounds exciting!!! And no...I don't recognize your dad without a mustache! :)
I guess you guys are in Colorado tonight. I hope the trip is tolerable. What a drive!!
Melissa, I'm so sad. Who will I talk American Idol with? Good Luck with everything!
Your girl is darling Melissa. Good luck with your new adventure!!
Good Luck Melissa! I am so excited for you guys. Your little Hannah is so beautiful! I love her hair.
Post a Comment