Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So long, Centerville

We found a great couple that is renting our house while we are gone in North Carolina. We've been so busy lately trying to get the house ready, pack, and enjoy our home and neighborhood before we moved (this past weekend we moved in with James' parents because our renters needed to move in and we won't be going to NC until July). So here are a few of the fun things we did to make the most of our last few days in Centerville (and some things that have nothing to do with Centerville but were a lot of fun!).

Hannah really loved meeting her cousins. Brandon, Melanie, and their family came down for Spring Break. And best of all, Allison was baptized in West Jordan, so we all were able to be there for her special day! Here is Hannah with Allison. Hannah and Johnny (and if you look closely, you'll notice Christian hiding behind the chair!)Hannah's first Easter was a blast! She was ready and waiting for the Easter bunny to come.And she was happy to find that he brought her some great gifts.
Our family at our home on Easter
Hannah had her first experience with the McNutt Easter egg hunt. She found some very well-hidden eggs, earning some socks, a bib, and about $2. Then Bob (on crutches!), Linda, James and I went after 87 eggs which really were well-hidden. Our prizes were a little better (some change and cash, coupons for a pedicure and a grocery-shopping spree, and some treats!). I absolutely love this tradition!
For one of our recent Family Home Evenings, James and I took Hannah to the park next to our house. She's only four months old, but we knew she'd love it! First, she tried going down the slide with Daddy.












Then she decided she was big enough to try it out herself (are we great parents or what!).
James also couldn't pass up the chance to take her four-wheeling in her stroller.
A couple days ago, we tried flying kites in our park. The kites were pretty cheap and the wind wasn't great, but we all enjoyed it. The blue bird kite could hardly make it off the ground, but that just made it easier for Hannah to watch.
We were a little more successful with the fish kite.
When Hannah became bored with watching the kites, she decided to eat them instead.
Last week, Rachel, Jessica, Jessica, and I took our kids to the zoo. It was a lot of fun! Hannah saw the cougar, a monkey, and the flowers on her dress. She was a great sport, though, and watching everyone else's kids made me excited for when she is old enough to really enjoy it!
Hannah was a great helper when it came to packing.
We were really sad to leave our wonderful home and our great ward, but we are also really looking forward to our adventure that is coming soon!

4 comments:

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Hannah is very cute! She is getting so big! Looks like you have had a fun few weeks! `

TravandNat said...

What fun! I'm so excited for the adventure that awaits you! We just need to make sure we get together before you leave!! Hannah is darling, and so big! They grow so fast!

Chelsea said...

You are such a cute mom!! I love the pic of Hannah with the bunny ears on!!I am so sad I wasn't able to come to the zoo, blake would have loved it. We better see you guys before we all move away!!

Melanie said...

Those are some fun pics! And I hope you saw we have Hannah with our kids on our blog!

I am so excited for you guys! You are on to the next adventure in your lives and I can't wait to hear about it all! Although sad, I bet it is a big relief to have your home rented and all packed up.

Thanks for making time for us (even on little sleep Melissa) while we were in Utah. Talk to you soon!