Thursday, March 12, 2009

How'd You Get There?!

So Hannah's rolling! It's never been witnessed (and Hannah and I had a conversation about how no major milestones can be witnessed while I am at work!), but it is definitely happening. On Saturday, she had started rolling on to her side when I would lay her on her back. And when I put Hannah down for bed, I usually bundle her up and lay her in her crib as shown:
She now has a little seahorse that we keep where you see the pillow--it plays music and lights up and Hannah will sometimes fall asleep to it. On Monday morning, I woke up to the music of Frere Jacques playing on the monitor. When I came into her room and peeked over her crib, this is what I saw:

She had gotten herself completely unwrapped, turned around, and wedged against the side of the crib. And, best of all, she was laughing as she kicked the seahorse to make it play music! How'd she get there?! Then on Tuesday, while I was at work, my mother-in-law had Hannah on her back on her playmat. She left the room for a second and when she returned, Hannah was on her tummy, with her hands at her sides, grunting as she wiggled like a little worm (luckily it wasn't witnessed without me home!). I can't believe it! She's growing up too fast!

Her other fun milestone that she started doing consistently on Monday was reaching for toys on her own. Now she can't get enough of it! She really loves her star stacker because it lights up, and she can easily bat at the points of the stars and the pieces will spin. She kind of favors her left hand, but she'll even do it two-handed. It's adorable! Here she is totally entranced:


She is too much fun!

5 comments:

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Hey guys! James has that same little blue seahorse! We keep it in the car and it really calms him down on long drives. We love you guys! Melissa- sorry I had to rush yesterday, I felt bad. Lets chat on Skype sometime. We have to get James and Hannah aquainted early! ;-)

TravandNat said...

She's darling, and growing soo quickly! Enjoy the few seconds of freedom you have before she's a rolling maniac, into everything..and then she'll crawl, look out..it happens too fast!

Chelsea said...

What a BIG girl!!!! They grow sooo fast don't they. I have loved seeing her these past days!!

Melanie said...

She's just waiting for you to see it Melissa! And the pic of her in the hat at 3 months is waaay too cute!

Lisa said...

Hey that star stacker looks oddly familiar...

She is growing up to fast! But good for her. She's going to be crawling before you know it!