Sunday, June 15, 2008

Enjoying the East Coast

So I'm finally getting around to posting about our trip to the East Coast! We went the last week of May and had a wonderful time. The purpose of the trip was to attend Bob and Linda's wedding, but James and I made a real vacation out of it and visited Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and New Jersey (where the wedding was held). We saw more than I thought possible in eight days and loved all the sites and history! Here are a few highlights of the trip:

In Boston, we toured Fenway Park (home of the Red Sox), which was possibly our favorite tour of the trip--there were so many great stories about the field. We also went to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library/Museum, toured the U.S.S. Constitution (a ship commissioned by George Washington and it's still floating!), and walked around the Harvard campus (including the cathedral that serves as their cafeteria!). The following day was spent on the Freedom Trail, which includes many sites important in the American Revolution and ends at Bunker Hill. We loved Boston--it is such a beautiful city! Oh, we also ate some incredible Italian food in the North End (a must when visiting Boston!)
Fenway Park

In New York, we went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island with my parents and then met up with Bob and Linda to go to Wicked on Broadway! It was such an incredible show! The story is great and the music was amazing! We all loved it. The next day, James and I hit the city on our own and visited Wall Street (which James absolutely loved!), Ground Zero, the Skyscraper Museum (an attraction that only James would have found, but it was actually quite interesting), the United Nations building, Rockefeller Center, and Central Park. I really loved the romantic carriage-ride around the park! Then we saw the Manhattan temple and ended the day with more fantastic Italian food.







Dad and James at the Statue of Liberty; our carriage ride of Central Park

The day before the wedding, James and I took a quick trip down to Philadelphia and met with James' brother Beaver. We saw a bunch of the sites in the historic square mile, such as the Liberty Bell, the Benjamin Franklin museum/home site, and Independence Hall. James ended the day by running up the stairs of the art museum where Rocky ended his workout in the movie.








The Liberty Bell; Beav and James enjoying Philly Cheese Steaks

Our trip ended with Bob and Linda's wedding, and it was a great day! Linda looked beautiful, Bob was SO happy, and the reception was a lot of fun with great food and decorations. We also loved getting to know Linda's family--they so kind and a blast to be around! Congratulations Bob and Linda!

1 comment:

TravandNat said...

What a fun trip! Someday I would love to make it to the East Coast and see all the sight that you were lucky enough to see! I can't believe that little Bob is married. What a beautiful couple! Congrats to them!

I hope that you are feeling well as your beautiful baby is growing. I would love to see you. Let's do lunch sometime!!