We've had a wonderful time with our sweet Abbie! Grandma Winder came out on October 28th to meet her newest grandchild. She stayed with us for the week before Abbie's blessing and was able to join us for all our Halloween festivities.
We missed the Primary Halloween Party on Saturday because of a crazy snowstorm, but we made up for it on the day of Halloween! Hannah was dressed up as Fancy Nancy (a storybook character who loves all things fancy). Abbie was a butterfly (Fancy Nancy LOVES butterflies) when we were inside and a ghost when we ventured out.

Our first stop was Chelsea Market for trick-or-treating at the stores. The Market was filled with spooky decorations and haunted by some interesting creatures. Hannah loved it (until the scary people got too close!), and the loot included Fat Witch brownies, macaroons, and other delicious treats. We made it home in time to do some more trick-or-treating in our building. It was a great day for a little girl that loves her candy!

On November 1st, we made it to the Museum of Natural History. The African mammals and the dinosaurs were the favorites. However Hannah apparently thought the biodiversity room was also pretty spectacular - when we walked in she said, "This is SO cool! This is awesome!"

Of course we couldn't be that close to Shake Shack without stopping in! And it was made even better because Jordan had a surprisingly early night off work, so he and Kristi joined us!

We also did a lot of lounging around. Are these too sisters or what?!

I love Abbie's sweet smiles!

The rest of the family (Dad Winder and my parents) got into town on Friday. It was a gorgeous weekend! Here's the view of Roosevelt Island from the tram over the East River.

Grandma and Grandpa Winder with the girls.

Family dinner at Tony's DiNapoli in Times Square. Amazing family-style Italian!

Then a walk around Times Square and Bryant Park (where the skating rink and holiday shops were up already!)

Hannah was so excited to have "Grandma and Papa Nutt" around to play with her!

Abbie's blessing was on Novemer 6th. James gave her a beautiful blessing. Abbie was surrounded by her Dad, Grandpa Winder, Grandpa McNutt, and Uncle Jordan. She started yelling right at the start, but with some skillful bouncing, she calmed down long enough for everyone to hear the blessing!

These sisters love each other so much!

Abbie looked adorable in her blessing dress


Our family of four
5 comments:
Hey cute Melissa and James! Just randomly saw your post via Facebook :) What a darling family you are! Congratulations on your new little girl - she is beautiful! We are so happy and excited for you guys and your New York adventure! It was so fun getting to see you for a little bit in the hospital Melissa :) Love you all so much!
Love, Lisa and Zach :)
I miss you! I loved seeing all the pictures and Hannah was so adorable for Halloween. And sweet Abbie is cute as ever. I can't wait to see you in a few months! I'm still crossing my fingers for an internship in NYC, but the thought of doing it with two small kids is starting to freak me out...we'll have to definitely chat about it if we end up out there! Love you!
How fun! Love the costumes and her blessing dress!
Melissa and James,
I had such a fun week with you and was so glad that I could be with you for that week before Dad came out. As I look at the pics it reminds me how much fun we had and what darling little granddaughters they are. Hannah was absolutly a perfect Fancy Nancy and Abbie was a trooper on our outings. I Love You Guys!!! Mom W.
How fun to have so much family there for her blessing! You are so beautiful and you have such a gorgeous little family. I love her blessing dress! Amazing! btw, we played Scattergories for the first time in a LONG time last night and YOU and JAMES were the last people we played with! I could tell by your handwriting. You won, in case you were wondering! Haha. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment