Thursday, August 12, 2010

Catching Up

I have been incredibly deliquent about updating our blog this summer, but now that I have a chance to breathe before we head to Disneyworld, here is the update.

James is done with his internship in Philadelphia (happy day!!), and we are all back together in Durham! He absolutely loved his job at Hamilton Lane, and they seemed to be very pleased with his work. We should know by the end of the year if they will be able to hire someone for next fall (and hopefully that someone would be James!).

I finished up my summer semester last week, which means I have taken my last test of graduate school (not counting the huge test I have to take after graduation to certify as a nurse practitioner!). It was an awesome semester, and I even had the chance to intubate 3 patients and place a couple arterial and central venous lines. I loved it!

So here is a quick overview of our lives since June:

Hannah pushed her baby's stroller in the Durham Children's Parade on the 4th of July
Hannah loved the firework show Daddy put on. Kylie did not.
Hannah kept saying "more" when James was cleaning up the fireworks. Luckily he found one more, so they had a private finale.
We had a blast at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. I was proud of my little girl who loved playing in the arteries!Amy stopped by for a visit (I can't wait till you're back for good!). And my dear friend Melanie moved last week (I'll miss you so much!!).
Jordan and Kristi came to see us in Philadelphia. We went to the Mint, Reading Terminal Market, a Phillies game, and church. It was all very hot.
Hannah chillin' in her throne (aka her front-facing carseat!) She loves her new backpack.
And thinks it's "time to go" as soon as she puts it on.
We were so excited to have my long-lost friend Megan join us for the day in Philly. It was so much fun to see her. You know you have a good friend when we had a blast just sitting on our bed all day and talking! I took Hannah to the Rodin museum while James worked last Friday. Here she is doing her imitation of the "Thinker."
But she refused to put her hands in the air like Rocky.
Our place in Philly was on the top floor of this awesome old place in Rittenhouse Square.
We stayed the night in DC on our way home and loved being with the Halls
And I can't help but put this couponing success story in: All this cereal and they owed me $7.50 (I had to get milk and peaches to break even!)!! Congrats for making it to the end!

3 comments:

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

wow Melissa!! Share how you got all that cereal!! I check out Southern Savers every week, but we don't have the same stores out here. That is great! Loved the pictures! Miss you tons

TravandNat said...

You guys have kept busy! I can't believe you're almost done with school...so impressed! Hannah is as cute as can be!

Kathie and Walt said...

You are the best! Hannah is gorgeous! Love you and miss you, MOM