Thursday, April 8, 2010

We are the Champions!

On Monday, the Duke men's basketball team won the NCAA National Championship!!!! GO DUKE!!! It was so much fun to be a part of it all! James and I had a friend watch Hannah on Monday night so that we could watch the championship game on the big screen at Cameron Indoor (the basketball stadium). The building was PACKED with students, which made it so exciting. The game came down to the last second, and Duke won 61-59!Fans at Cameron Indoor right after we wonAfter the game, James and I joined the rest of the student body at a huge bonfire on one of the main quads on campus. Benches were being burned from many of the frat houses. It was crazy!On Tuesday, while James was giving a big presentation in one of his classes (we missed you!), Hannah and I joined some friends at Cameron for a welcome home press conference with the basketball team. They came straight from the airport. The stadium was packed again, and everyone was so excited!We somehow managed to walk into awesome seats--we were right next to the team but off the floor bleachers so the kids were contained!This is a picture from the newspaper of Coach Krzyzewski speaking. If you look closely, I'm the third person from the left in the stands (right behind the wooden panel). Hannah is standing up at my feet and peeking between the bar and the wooden panel!The whole team doing their linked-together cheerWhen it was over, we walked out of the stadium to head to the car and ran right into the whole team unloading their suitcases from the bus! In this picture, Hannah and I are with Jon Scheyer, one of the stars of the team.This is the big man, Brian Zoubeck. He was making some awesome rebounds during the game! I think he's twice as tall as me!

5 comments:

JDS said...

Way Cool!

Chelsea said...

wow Melis... how cool is this??? I bet it is nice to go to a school that actually wins a national championship!! What great memories

Nicole said...

VERY Cool! What an experience!!

Catherine said...

Wow! What a fun thing to be a part of! Hannah's little piggie tails are so cute. LOVE THEM! We are thinking we will probably move the middle of August and would LOVE to meet up. Hope all is well!

Much Love!

Kathie and Walt said...

oh mhy goodness. Those pictures were awesome! That was an incredible game. I'm sure james had a big D painted on his painted blue chest!