Sunday, January 31, 2010

All in White

Durham is covered in snow! The storm moved in Friday night and lasted all day Saturday, so we have a couple inches of snow. The snow is so wet that you could actually hear it falling and you can walk on top of it without hardly leaving a footprint, but still it's snow! The best part is that everyone around here thought the world was going to end (I went to the store Friday night, and not only was it packed, but there was no bread left and the shelves were pretty bare!).

Hannah is loving her first North Carolina white out. She stood by the window and watched it snow. And when it calmed down a minute, I took her out in it. She was enjoying walking around, but refused to keep gloves on. The snow was no longer fun after she fell down (Mommy tried not to say "I told you so!")These cute hand prints in the snow......quickly resulted in this!
My friend says that North Carolina has bi-polar weather. I think this is a perfect example. One of our favorite couples, the Alldredges, came to visit last weekend. This picture was taken on Monday of this week (we were all in short sleeves!)
We had so much fun with Kris and Isaac (and were glad they had a friend getting married out here so they had a good excuse to come!). They stayed in our luxury suite (the living room floor with a blow-up mattress!). We took them on a tour of campus.And of course went out for BBQ!We love you guys!And I couldn't end without announcing our other exciting white event: Hannah finally has a tooth! It broke through on Sunday, January 17th. It's her top left tooth, and she won't let you see it unless she is hanging upside-down and laughing! It's pretty cute--can't tell yet if she'll have Mommy's crazy crooked teeth or not!

6 comments:

Linda said...

LOVE the pictures of hannah's hand prints and the picture of her crying! Too funny!! Being a mom, you totally have "accident vision". You can see all those little hazards along the way....like wearing gloves :)

TravandNat said...

I agree, the pictures of the hands in the snow, and the result are so cute..and priceless! I can't believe that you could go from one extreme in weather to the next, in such a short time..crazy! I'm glad Hannah has a tooth..it makes chewing so much easier! :P

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Melissa-
I can't even tell you how thrilled I am that we missed that storm! We have plenty of that stuff in Denver! The hand picture made me laugh. It was almost too perfect! Are you sure you didn't place her hands there for the perfect picture? Thanks again for a wonderful vacation! We love you guys

Chelsea said...

HA that pic of her in the snow is hilarious!!! Glad you guys got some snow... thought we were the only ones and was feeling kinda picked on!! Oh and cute little tooth!!!
p.s you look and are so beautiful Melis, looked so cute in all your pics!!

Melanie said...

Our kids so badly want it to snow here. Usually it has by now, but this year we are having a-mazing weather...we really don't need coats during the day...it's awesome!

Love the tooth, and Hannah's cute handprints in the snow. John is about to lose his second tooth (just lost his first tooth in January) and I can already see his new one coming in behind his baby tooth. I think we are two for two when it comes to needing braces...my gene that's for sure!

Nicole said...

Yeah! Finally a tooth! Maybe she'll start eating more and grow a little? :) Cute tiny girl! Miss you!!