Hannah's birthday celebration started on Sunday with a Skype (Internet video call) birthday party with both sets of grandparents and all her uncles and aunts that live in Utah (Bob and Linda, Greg and Tiff, and Beaver and Brittany). Hannah had fun talking to everyone, opening her gifts, and eating the frosting off a cupcake.
Party decorations
The birthday girl enjoying her princess hat for about two seconds.
Talking to the family
Hannah loving the frosting on her cupcake.
The other half of the party:
I hosted the ward play group on the morning of Hannah's birthday. We had a bunch of Hannah's little friends come throughout the morning to wish her a happy birthday and enjoy a cupcake. It was a lot of fun (even though Hannah exercised her right to be grumpy on her birthday by the end!)
I made butterfly cupcakes for the kids, which I think turned out to be really cute.
I also made devil's food cupcakes (mainly for the moms!). I used a Martha Stewart recipe and made the cupcakes and the frosting from scratch. I now realize why people always use the box mixes--these took me an hour and a half to make! They were pretty amazing though.
Mommy made Hannah's favorite food for dinner--homemade macaroni and cheese. She loved it!
Hannah unwrapped her gifts...
...and was excited to get a jacket, two dresses, the movie Up, and a magnetic letter set (that sings songs) for the fridge.
But Hannah's favorite gift was the old cell phone that Daddy gave her!
James and I sang Happy Birthday and gave Hannah a chocolate cupcake to enjoy. She wasn't as into it as she was at her half birthday celebration (we think she was a little filled up on the Mac'n'Cheese!), but she still managed to get it squished all through her hands and her hair.
For the record, Hannah officially hates Santa Claus! We tried to get cute Santa pictures again today at the ward party (I thought maybe she was just in a bad mood last time), but no luck. She was an angel for the whole party but burst out in tears as soon as James tried to put her on Santa's lap! We won't tell her that Santa will be sneaking into the house on Christmas Eve!
11 comments:
OHHHH she's so cute!! Tall and skinny :) Good luck with that high fat diet.... soaking everything in butter. Yum! Crazy that our babies are already a year old! Time is flying by!
I can't believe that she is allready one. It always flies by so fast when you don't see the kiddos everyday. She is adorable! I am glad to see you guys are happy and established in your new place. I am not surprised that you found so many friends allready, you are so sweet and fun. Happy Birthday!
I love the Skype birthday party! How cute! Hannah is darling, and so are your butterfly cupcakes..way to go! Happy birthday, Hannah!
What Hannah is one!!!! SO so crazy how fast they grow, she is so darling Melis- can't wait to see her ( and you of course). I love skype too and loved everyone in their party hats- so fun!! All your decorations, cupcakes etc... were so cute. Happy Bday Hannah!
p.s. Uncle Allan came into my head immediately after I typed Antartica(should I be worried!!)
I can't believe she's 1! And she's so completely adorable! Love the cupcakes! I'm going to have to remember that one!!!
She's the cutest girl I"ve ever seen. Santa is a little weird I think too. MOM
I will say, technology certainly made the party. It was so fun to be able to get together...well, kind of together, anyway. hannah is looking more and more adorable. i love that little twinkle of mischief in her eyes!
Happy Birthday Hannah!!! Melissa, she is so darling! I can't believe shes one! It looks like you guys are having such a blast. I saw your name in the BYU Nursing Alumni magazine. You are such a smarty pants! I hope school is going great for you:) Love ya! Merry Christmas!
Thanks for the post. I got your cute Christmas card the other day. I'm glad everything is going well.
I can't believe it has already been a year! She is so cute! I think it is so funny that every kid at her age hates Santa! Ha ha ha!
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة تركيب طارد وشبك الحمام
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
فنى نجار بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالدمام
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
Post a Comment