Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Fabulous Fall

I can't even describe how beautiful the fall is in North Carolina! The colors of the leaves are so vivid and amazing! James was out of town last week on a recruiting trip to New York, so Hannah and I kept ourselves busy by enjoying the gorgeous trees. My friend Melanie also was without her husband for the weekend, so we packed three carseats in the back of her car and made our way to central North Carolina. We met up with some other friends that were camping at Hanging Rock State Park for the weekend and had a great day of hikes, cooking on a campfire, and just enjoying the scenery. It was a blast! The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have James there.
Hannah enjoying the tunnel at the playground

Hannah with her good friendIsn't it amazing!

On Monday we had FHE with the LDS families in our townhome community--we called it Family Halloweevening! Everyone brought a Halloween treat and the kids (and a couple adults) dressed up. I made eyeballs for a treat and they were a hit (not because they tasted great, but what kid could pass up eating an eyeball!).

And I think Hannah was the cutest Dorothy I've ever seen (I was the yellow brick road)!

10 comments:

Knight Bliss said...

She is so darling. I really miss seeing you at work so now I just stalk your blog. Such fun picks.

TravandNat said...

Cute costume idea! What a darling little Dorothy! The fall is beautiful! I'm glad you are making good friends, and having fun!

Carrie said...

What a sweet little Dorothy! And I love the yellow brick road :)

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Great costumes!! You are so clever! Love you all

Sarah said...

How cute is her little Dorothy costume?!!! :)

Tiffany said...

Soooo cute! I love little Hanners as Dorthy. Miss you guys. Also, what are the eyeballs made of?

Linda said...

she looks ADORABLE! love the shoes!! what a cutie pie!

Arliss said...

What a darling little Dorothy, love the yellow brick road idea!
The eyeballs look fabulous!
Love Mom Winder

Ashton said...

Melissa! Thanks for the comment on our blog, I'm glad to find yours too! It's so fun to keep up on what everyone is doing. Thanks for the Halloweevening! It was so fun! We're so glad to be your friends and neighbors!

Kathie and Walt said...

What a great idea being the Yellow brick road. Hannah is the cutest!