Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gumballs and Mustaches

We've had a great time celebrating Halloween this year! After much searching for ideas for the perfect pregnant-woman Halloween costume, I settled on a simple solution that my mom and I put together one afternoon--a gumball machine. James went with a classic mustache, which perfectly matches his hair and makes me realize that I will never let him grow out his facial hair! Here are some pictures from our Halloween parties:

Windoween (The Winder Halloween Party)
Me (gumball machine), James (mustachio), Greg (knife-wielder), Beave (project manager, also with an awesome mustache!)

A close-up of the mustache!

Winders in costumes

Tiff, me, Cindy Strong, and Melissa Handy at the Handy Pumpkin Party (James' mom's side of the family)

Carving Pumpkins with the Handys

4 comments:

Tara said...

what a fun idea for your costume!!! Your hubby looks a little creepy with the stache, I must admit! I'm excited already for your posts about the new baby....hurry up with those, will ya?!?

TravandNat said...

What a cute gumball machine! James does look creepy with that mustache..but it's pretty funny!

Ashley said...

Melissa!!!! I just saw your cute pregnant belly on Amber's blog. I actually thought about you this morning for some reason and wondered if you'd had a baby yet!!! Congratulations!! Also, congrats on Duke! That is awesome that you are going back to school and to Duke of all places. Not bad. I hope I can join the high education someday when my little one is older and less busy!!! Good luck! Ashley Shillig

Brad and Rochelle said...

Your costume is so cute! That was such a good idea.