Sunday, November 21, 2010

Just Call Me Master

As of Thursday, it was official: I am done with my Master's degree! I still have to take boards in February, and I plan to formally walk with James in May (since there isn't a December graduation at Duke), but the schooling is done! So now I have a Master's degree in Nursing and will license as a Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (hospital-based pediatrics). I don't plan to work until we move wherever James gets a job, which means Hannah and I will just be able to enjoy our last few months in North Carolina. After that, who knows what life holds! It sure feels great to be done!

Here are the two best preceptors ever: Leah and Holly. They taught me everything I need to know about being a hospitalist pediatric nurse practitioner. And they are a blast to be around! I couldn't be luckier. I'll miss them a ton! I had a great 400 hour residency at WakeMed.

14 comments:

Natalie said...

you are such a stud muffin meliss...i am so glad you are my neighbor and dear friend

Paige said...

Congratulations! That is awesome and you are amazing. Have so much fun with your time off. Your little Hannah is to die for by the way.

City Sweet Shop said...

Congrats! How exciting to be finished. Have fun hanging out with Hannah. She is looking adorable in all of these pictures.

Knight Bliss said...

That is so exciting! Congrats! You are such a smart woman and should be very proud of yourself. This is quite an accomplishment for single people but you are a super mom too. Way to go and I miss you at IMSU!

Kathie and Walt said...

You are gorgeous. You will be an awesome with the little ones in pediatrics. I am so proud of you. MOM

Lindsay said...

congratulations! you are amazing! have fun relaxing this next semester, you deserve it!

Lisa said...

Congratulations Melissa!! I can't believe you are already done! Miss you. Hope you have a great holiday.

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Master- you never cease to amaze me! Great job and congrats! Have fun enjoying NC! Love you and miss you tons!

missy d said...

CoNgRaTuLaTioNs Meliss!!! That is such great news. You worked so hard, I'm so glad you and Hannah can just play and relax for a few months now. YAY!!!

Laura Campbell said...

Wow, congrats! you made it through, what a good feeling! Can't wait to join you in the NP ranks!

Chelsea said...

Master... you are AMAZING!!! I am so so proud of you. I can't see what you do with it now... i'm sure cure cancer or something!! Congrats again!!

Jessica Whittaker said...

Congrats! I am so proud of you although I do wish you were still back working with me. Hope to see you soon!

Valeria Easley said...

hi guys-congrats to both of you for doing sooo well in school. I am looking forward to both of you walking across that stage in May. The stories/pictures of Hannah are just a hoot-she's got Poppa(s) wrapped around her fingers-no doubt!! I can't wait to see ya'll and meet her. I have a chore for you to do for Hannah, if I can work it out-I'll call & tell you about it & make sure your address is the same. Mom gave me your blog-not sure if we have one, but Joel has a facebook. All is well here-Joel has done excellent after his open-heart surgery. I know your prayers were with him. Thanks! Want you to know that after 5 yrs. of serious depression that the old Aunt Valeria is back and she wants to get back in with our family. I miss ya'll and I feel good.I want you all back in my life--OK? I love you all with all my heart and think of you often-I know you 2 are so busy that calls are hard to work into your day, but lets at least try. We are proud of you and your Aunt Valeria & Uncle Joel can't brag about you enough. Please stay in touch-I promise to check your blog often. Note:Memaw & Pop got a puppy last night-Pops doing much better now since Tena died, but Memaw wanted to go ahead & get a pup so in case one of them died, the other would have a partner. Good idea, even if it is a little mauldlin. I love you Melissa, take care of your family and know that Valeria loves you with all her heart and soul. my e-mail VlrEs7@AOL.com--send me one!

angela said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment! And thanks for Christmas card. Hannah is adorable! Now that I know you have a blog, I'm going to have to just sit one night and catch up on the lives of two people who I look up to very much. I'm glad to see things are going well. Shad and I think about you guys often!